I was just thinking that I have hacked the Itch-to-Stitch Lisbon cardigan three times now (here and here for the previous hacks) but only made it straight from the pattern once! I shall remedy that situation eventually as it is a fabulous pattern.
I made such minor changes to this one that it possibly can’t even be called a hack. I bought this fabric from Potters Textiles Outlet Shop years ago and it is some sort of mesh. It isn’t a natural fibre so I was reluctant to make it up but eventually thought it would be useful as a little cardigan for those days where I wasn’t sure about the weather. Today is such a day, sunny but a little bit cool.
I really wanted to make a full blown Lisbon but didn’t have enough fabric, so I cut down the front piece so that the cardigan no longer closes (a bit like the Blackwood Cardigan) and did a sewn on band.
The band round the bottom is really small and made from scraps. The sleeves finished up an odd length so I added long cuffs to make them full length.
I forgot to take a photo of the few shreds of fabric I had left, but it was really minimal and I had no compunction about throwing it away (except that it’s synthetic so it will stay in landfill forever – sorry world!)
Pattern matching was basically impossible as I didn’t have enough fabric, but I almost got the sleeves to match, which I always think is important.
Although I love this little cardi with all black, I tried it out with my culottes made from my A-line skirt block and gorgeous fabric which Megan (meggipeg) gave me for looking after her dog, and a lace top made from a 50 cent remnant from an op shop and didn’t mind it at all. It will also look great over a black dress, if I ever make one!
Black trousers are copied from an old, dead, pair of Visage pants and are made from bengaline. Black t-shirt was made from my t-shirt block and is in constant rotation, but I’ve never bothered blogging it.