Fifty cent top

I bought this fabric for 50¢ in a local op shop with the intention of turning it into underwear, but when I pulled it out of the roll I found that it’s a bit on the bumpy side so it wasn’t really suitable.

DSC06097

I had the fabric in my bag when I went to my patternmaking class and so Sarah and I folded the fabric into four, laid a simple kimono sleeved pattern onto it, cut off the merest wisp of fabric on the neckline and side seams, then I sewed it up and had a new top.

DSC06073

 

It took about 20 minutes and cost 50 cents. Can’t say fairer than that!

I was able to use the selvedge edge around the bottom of the top, which meant no hemming. All I had to do was to make sure that the patterns aligned at the side seams and turn the neck and sleeve hems under, and I was good to go.

DSC06080

The skirt is Vogue 1247 made yonks ago.

Fadanista

16 thoughts on “Fifty cent top

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s