A couple of posts ago I blogged my tight dyeing activities and here is the first pair.
I am wearing them here with my new Jasper sweater dress which I originally made for my Sew a Seasonal Wardrobe challenge and then realised that I couldn’t wear it with a single other item – doh!
I love this dress. I’ve made the hoodie version previously and have worn it to death and I know that I will wear this one endlessly too. It is made from some fleece that I bought from the $2 bin at Potters (yes, $2 for enough fabric to make this dress – bargain!). The button came from Barcelona.
The tights are a marginal success. I used the Style Arc Laura knit legging as the basis and stuck a sock on the end of the pattern and drew round it. This is a slightly flawed methodology as the leggings are a bit long and a bit baggy. I took 5cm off the length, but have taken a further 5cm off the next pair.
This will be a go-to outfit for the coming winter months and I am considering another one of these dresses – it is so easy to wear.