As I mentioned before, February has been a scrap busting month in my Facebook Stashbusting group, and I’ve managed to do quite a bit.
After making the triangular pillow for my bed in the Airstream, I had a few scraps of grey and flax linen left, so cut them into strips, joined them and ironed them into binding
I then wrapped the strip around some cotton rope and created a little rope basket for next to the bed to hold things like jewellery (and my physio spiky ball). Mark liked it so much that he’s asked for one for his side, so I’m off looking for more scraps!
I wanted a bathmat for the Airstream and was on the brink of heading to the shop when I decided to make one. I used a couple of my mother’s towels that had finished up in my cupboard, and simply cut them into long strips, plaited them, then sewed them in a circle. It is a brilliant mat and I am determined to make more.
I had an epic fail with a dress made out of some beautiful silk I bought in India. After a few weeks in the naughty corner, I dragged the dress out and cut it up. I made another Megan Nielsen Eucalyptus tank.
I made bias binding for the neck, used French seams throughout, and used a rolled hem to finish the armholes and bottom edge. I had to have a seam down the centre front because of the way the original dress was cut, and I have lots of smallish scraps left which I have plans for.
I had a large piece of fabric left over from my Nettie bodysuit, so made a top using my knit top block created in my class at Workspace-FADS.
This is such a comfortable top. I made it as long as I could
and widened the lower body a little bit
and here it is in action – sewing whilst glamping. I’m actually making doll’s clothes here using more scraps, but more of that in another post.
Finally, not a scrap bust really, but I’ve got rid of this fabric from my stash. I made the Drape Drape 2, asymmetrical top 4 as featured on the Great British Sewing Bee. I’ve made this top before here, and another one which I haven’t managed to photograph.
The fabric is a lovely stretchy cotton knit from Knitwit.
So that’s the February challenge over. On to the next one which is to sew a seasonal wardrobe. I’ve made a start…