I did a massive amount of sewing at Easter but have very little to show for it. I did make some pyjamas for the coming cold winter camping in the bush. I used some cotton flannelette clearly bought for one of my boys, as the pattern is different types of aircraft, but as I love anything vaguely aeronautical, I figured it would do me perfectly.
I probably should not have modelled these pyjamas and I am standing in a shed so the background is less than glam, but the PJs themselves are a success, even in their rather unpressed state. They are warm and comfy and what else could I ask for?
I decided that I wanted pull on style pyjamas this time, so didn’t make the Carolyn Pyjamas again. This time I made the bottom half using the casual trousers pattern from the Great British Sewing Bee Book 3. I just upped the size a bit and they were perfect. I struggled a bit with the top as I wanted a sweater style top but I wasn’t using a knit. In the end I used the White Russian pattern from Capital Chic Patterns and again went up a couple of sizes. I used contrasting knit for the bands.
I have a some of this fabric left over so may see if I can mosaic out another pair.
I also made a shower unit cover for our new outdoor shower. My son, Archie, built this amazing shower in the bush and, as it is open to the elements, I thought I should protect the shower unit. I didn’t take a photograph of the cover, but here is one of the shower. It will go silvery grey in a year or so and blend perfectly with its bush surroundings.
One of my other activities this weekend has been photographing birds, and I managed to get quite a few. My favourite is this Scarlet Robin.