Bridgette came round on Saturday to get help with making another dress for the European adventure. She brought round the button fabric that I had cunningly offloaded on to her to reduce my stash (and begin hers!). I got this fabric in the Potter’s half price sale. It was a remnant, but just big enough to make the dress, with some creative cutting of the facings.
This is the same pattern that we used for the Sunday Sew-along – the Burda 7390. It was much easier to make it from a firm cotton fabric. The “button” fabric is a mix of silk and cotton and it is soft and silky, and oh so slippery to sew. It is also a little diaphanous!
The pattern on the fabric is quite cute, going from light in the middle to dark at the sides. A close up of the fabric is necessary to take in its full effect.
So, another triumph for Bridgette! The fabric is also surprisingly crease free so will be perfect for travel, and it is so light.
Just an update on the jeans reported on here: I took them up by an inch, and they are looking much better. My foot is resting on a sculpture of my niece, Karen, created by her husband. Sorry Karen!
Sunday: 31,246 (a new PB)