I went down a size from Megan’s as I had the perfect jersey fabric for this dress, but I couldn’t quite locate it, and by the time I found this spotted cotton, I had forgotten about the sizing. Luckily I can fit into it quite happily.
Beady eyed readers will note that my dress is very short, and in fact, it’s more of a tunic. The length was dictated by the amount of material I had. This was a Spotlight remnant and it was pretty small. However, I quite like it as a tunic or long top.
So what can I say about the pattern? It is extremely quick to make and goes together really well. The curving side seams are a nice touch, with the slightly longer back and the split. I will say that the lengthen/shorten lines are very high and as I was taking 10cms off the length, I had a very strange line to true up. In the end I took the extra length out of the middle of the dress and this seemed to work well. The tunic is cocoon shaped, which might not be the most flattering silhouette for me, but it does make a really easy summer top which will go well with shorts. I really like the little cuffed sleeves, and on the subject of the sleeves, I noted that the sleeves on Megan’s version were quite tight across the upper arms, and I’ve since seen other reviews saying the same. Mine do feel firm but nothing I can’t live with.
I shall be making another of these, but in a firm stretch knit. Now I have made it, I don’t think my original fabric choice would have worked, so the sewing goddesses were looking after me.