Last time I blogged about my Named Clothing Jamie Jeans, I expressed a certain discontent with the fit and alluded to the fact that I thought I had it sorted out. Well I hadn’t, but I thought I would show you my progress, so that when I do crack the fit we can all party!
Most of my issues are with the back, so I’ll show that first.
I still have a lot of wrinkles under my backside. I really took in these jeans and can’t imagine how I have any room for wrinkles, but nope, they’re still there!
The front is not too bad, but there is a little wrinkle just peeking round the corner of my thigh on my left, and a small “bubble” on my right inner thigh. These bubbles are common and drive me insane.
The jeans are clearly too long – I find it really hard to get things turned up to the correct length when I’m on my own – and that’s why I have a few wrinkles around the bottom of the legs.
OK a close inspection of my rear end shows that the pockets aren’t flattering and are far too low, emphasising the wrinkles.
These are skinny jeans and all the versions I’ve looked at online appear to be skin tight. Mine are quite loose. This reminds me of the 1960s when everyone sat in boiling baths in their jeans to shrink them to their legs, and then had to lay on the bed to zip them up. No matter how long I sat in a hot bath, my jeans were always baggy. I did have to lay on the bed to do them up though, as my waist does not match my legs!!
A side view highlights the problems with the back, and I am constantly pulling the jeans up as they feel as though they are sitting a bit low at the back. I think that the jeans are still a little big in the waist.
In spite of the fit issues I have worn these jeans a lot. Much more often than the original blue pair. Today I teamed them with a top which I traced from a RTW top I used to own. I am a bit agitated by the bust wrinkles, but made another one with a FBA and the wrinkles didn’t really go, so I wonder if the armholes are too high. The original was just like this and didn’t bother me at all, so go figure! The fabric for the top was originally white with yellow spots which looked rather juvenile to me, so I dyed it with a combination of green and brown and got this rather delectable colour. I dyed some plain fabric in the same dyepot and got a fabulous coordinating fabric just perfect for a pair of Hudsons. Then Mark told me that he’d love it made up into a t-shirt. No contest, the fabric was his and I’ve already made it up!
All fabric in this post came from Knitwit.
As I write this post I have a new pair of Jamie Jeans made and waiting to be worn. I took a completely different approach to this next pair thanks to my patternmaking class. I’ll be back with details soon!