I am a bit behind on my vintage pledge makes this year, so I decided to use a 1970s pattern to make a quick cardi. The weather is warming up but there are days when you just need a light layer before the sun burns off the clouds, hence the need for this cardigan.
The pattern is one I’ve had for a long, long time and is designed for a woven fabric. However, although it’s a size 12, the sizing is quite small, so I figured I would be fine with the slightly stretchy stuff I chose.
I didn’t use the contrast binding round the edges, and just secured the cardi with a button at the neck. I call it a button, but it only had a single hole in it, so I had to use a bead to fix it on. It looks quite good in my humble opinion!
I bought the fabric eons ago in Queenstown, New Zealand, when we were there skiing, but as usual it’s a remnant so I couldn’t make anything too extravagant from it. It is also extremely diaphanous so needs to be a top layer.
Please excuse the background. It turned into a really sunny day and I couldn’t find any shade at all, so this is the tiny scrap of white wall in my house that isn’t adorned with something.
I am quite pleased with it but realise that it doesn’t really do the job as hardly anything I own goes with it! I teamed it with my trousers from so long ago that I’ve forgotten what pattern I used, and a plain brown tank top. I think I feel a plain orange dress coming on…