Since seeing this photo of this pattern, I always wanted to make a light meshy version:
This is clearly a bit small to see, but you get the idea. I think I was more seduced by the glamour of the model than the top, but there you go!
I’m back in the garden in the early morning as I am about to leave for New Zealand (and am typing this post up at the airport!). So, no time to go back and get more photos to correct the flaws (like I look incredibly stout!)
Also, what’s with the hanging on to the end of the sleeves like I’m a little kid? They might be too long.
This is a really good layering piece. It’s supposed to be cold and wet in Auckland and I thought I would be able to throw this over the top of the one jumper that I haven’t packed away for summer, and assorted long sleeved
I thought that this fabric would be really difficult to sew, given all the holes, but it came together pretty well. I did overlock the edges as the fabric is a bit prone to fraying. The front placket looks a bit thick. I tried in vain to match all the holes up so that it wouldn’t look so thick, but there are four layers of fabric and it proved impossible. You can’t see in the photo, but I used a toggle out of my stash instead of a button.
This is another item for the March theme of Stashbusting Sewalong (seasonal change) and I note that my London Plane tree is beginning to shed its leaves on to the grass.
Pattern is Vogue 8854 view C with modified back length
Fabric is cotton mesh from Astratex in Richmond
Pants are StyleArc Barb pants