When I was in Sydney Colette from Tessuti persuaded me to try the Laura cropped pants pattern. Not sure why I went along with it – I refuse to even try on cropped pants in shops, they so don’s suit me. Anyway, here they are in all their glory – my first “miss” of 2014.
These were to complete my back to work ensemble, but they were a bit slow in coming. I think these photos show why!
Elastic waist is a bit nursing home and I cannot deal with the cropped legs. Do they have any redeeming features?
erk, I don’t think so! I did add pockets though. I probably should have pressed them better before taking these photos, but I knew they were going to be taken apart.
I even made a muslin because I wasn’t certain about the shape, and it looked pretty good. I love the fabric, a glorious enzyme washed linen from Tessuti, so… I unpicked the whole garment, reworked the pattern completely and had a go at making them actually fit me.
This involved reshaping over the hips, adding a zip, making them a bit longer, getting rid of the elasticised waistband and replacing it with a hidden waistband.
Sadly, no pockets, but after two weeks, they are finished, and boy, am I happy to have them out of the sweatshop!
Pattern: started off as the Laura pants from Tessuti, finished up as something completely different
Fabric: Enzyme washed linen from Tessuti
Top: Scout Tee previously blogged
Feeling: relieved – I love this fabric!